Phil Drysdale a British follower of Jesus I read online asked these questions and I have tried to answer them as positively as I can. Phil has a unique perspective and many times reading his blog or listening to his Grace Course I say”Why did not I think of that?” I have little to disagree with him on and those points won’t matter off this planet very much because we are covered in a deluge of grace.
- What are the questions that bounce around in your head when you hear the words, Sex, Sexuality and Gender? God was clear on how we were made. even in a story that has been twisted by some. God’s plan right down to our details in our physical bodies was male and female. Matt 19:4, Sin has corrupted us, just like the drunk that drives and kills. Sin has messed up our DNA. Culture has poisoned our brain into thinking some naked drag queen or bizarre sex act is normal because it is on the one-eyed god in our living room, laptop or handheld in our face.
- What do you think are the important things I should cover? Jesus said all the things that can cause us to sin and rebel comes from inside, our heart. Mark 7:21. Lust was just one of the number, Sexual immorality is sin against God’s plan. Does not matter who does it. I am so glad we can be forgiven when we repent and accept Grace. Rev 2 tells the Churches of Christ to Repent!
- What do you want more information on? How to love my neighbor when I see sin in their life? Rev 9:21, James 5:20
- What do you think are the key passages I should look at? Jesus teaching on the heart, Matt 15:19, The things in Old Testament and in the new God finds abhorrent, hates or particularly speaks on like your talk on burning children and God said I have never thought of that! Luke 16:15, Romans 1:30
- What do you see as the key issues of the day in this area? Many are told that this (fill in the blank) is a normal sex act, normal marriage, normal lifestyle and we will marry you and any sex you have will be blessed by God. or this quote from a man that loves to have sex with a man, “It is ok with God if I love the person before we have sex! My reverend/priest told me that.” The clear issue is rebellion towards God. Perhaps the person is so bitter towards God, because of a bad experience with church, parents, priest/pastor that they are mad at God and just like an unruly child play in the mud for spite! Hebrews 12:15
- What do you think God is saying about this topic? If David had not followed up after seeing Bathsheba on the roof bathing, maybe he would not have messed up? The “Ifs” get us on this. If I had not kissed her or him, If I had not asked her/him to lunch? The heart knows what you wanted and the devil may be happy with your sin but he did not make you do it. Satan does speak to you through all the voices of the world. He is the deceiver. John 8:44 God hates sin. Grace covers all sin except that that is unrepented of. James said much about sin. James said a person is enticed or tempted and if they allow that lust to have its way leads to sin. The temptation is not sinning, the action on the lust of the heart/mind and a follow-through of the body is the sin.
- That the sin of Lust is right up there with gossips, liars, thieves, haters, bigots, those that harm children and idol worship. Can we be forgiven? Yes, Romans 8:1